My name is Yu Chang, Aka: YoYo.
I graduated from Hong Kwong Nursing College in Taiwan as a registered nurse and worked in a hospital before coming to the US 33 years ago.
Due to the need of taking care of my aging mother, I chose the flexibility working as a real estate agent for 20 years. During those years I found that I have the nick of making the atmosphere light and my mother laugh when there were not much “zest” in her life. Due to the health decline of her later years, I attended multiple seminars and workshops and I became particularly interested in attending seniors with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
My goals and mission at work, are to respect and honor the dignity of senior citizens, as well as provide them with gentle physical and emotional stimulation, along with methods that bring them joy. I often outlast others who provide the same companionship services tending difficult clients.
I am outgoing, congenial, gregarious and creative. Before settled in America continent, I worked as a tour guide for one year when lived in Honolulu, Hawaii. I was a Toastmaster member for ten years while living in California. I won number one at my home club, number one at area level and number two at the district level for a Humorous Speech Contest.
I have the passion to attend seniors needs with a joyful companionship that makes them feeling happy and young at heart like teenagers again!
PS. I am CPR / FA certified. Fully vaccinated.
Negative TB test reading
I have taken classes focused on Alzheimer’s / Dementia :
- Living well with early memory loss
- Now what? Next steps after a diagnosis
- Caring conversation: A new way of talking
- Personality and behavior changes: Why and how to respond
- Meaningful activities at home
- How to communicate with those who have memory loss
- The “Don’ts” and “ Do’s” of caring conversation
- Caregiving tips – In-home care
- The continuum of care
- Holding hints, hallucinations, driving, medications, bathing, keeping the home safe, sundowning, getting lost, anger, frustration, fighting.
- Identify the behavior, explore what may be causing the behavior, adjust what can be done.
I help Seniors Live Quality Life
I would love to talk with you about how I can best serve your needs!